18 April 2008

Potato Salad

Summertime's a-comin... time for some cook-outs! My mom just sent me a potato salad recipe that looks absolutely delish. I haven't even tried it yet, but it looks so tasty that I wanted to share it. I love potato salad... of course, almost anything involving potatoes is a pretty easy sell for me. Mom got this from the Silver Palate Good Times Cookbook. Why it's patriotic, I'm not totally sure... but we don't question good food.

Patriotic Potato Salad

14 small new red potatoes, scrubbed clean
6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
2 medium scallions, sliced
3 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 Tablespoon caraway seeds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup mayonniase

Heat a medium-sized saucepan of water to boiling. Add the potatoes and cook just until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, cool, and cut in half (or quarters). Combine the eggs, potatoes, carrot, and scallions in a large bowl. Add the dill, parsley, caraway, salt & pepper, and gently toss to combine. Mix the sour cream and mayo; gently fold into the potato mixture.
Refrigerate for several hours before serving, to allow flavors to blend.

Serves 8

No comments: